Thursday, February 27, 2014

This year I have been loving Documented my life!

At the beginning of 2014 I joined a Facebook group called "The Documented Life" I love it!  I have always kept a sketchbook/journal and a planner off and on since college.  I doodled in my planner and I have planned in my sketchbook but this is a happy marriage of the two.  LOL, I'm sure many people use it differently than I do but it helps me keep things in order and have fun while doing so.



Here is my cover.  I created my own calendar because I wanted to use a Midori Notebook
for my planner.  I downloaded a calendar from here: mylifeinoneplace.com 
and I created the cover from heavy kraft paper and painted gesso over that.  I then collaged
over the top with vintage lace and a tea cup image that I had printed for this purpose.



I believe the above image was week 4 - I just had fun doodling!


This is another one of my doodled images with the edge
cut around the doodle.  The doodles are all my own but for the cool edge idea 
I got that from an online art journaling class from Valerie Sjodin
called Embellished Edges where she showed us how she embellishes the
edges of her own doodles and journals.  Here is the link for that class: Click HERE
The image above is from Valerie's  journal



Here is my week 8 - I'm currently working on week 9 as this week
has been slow for me to get finished.  Some weeks are like that!



1 comment: